Yes. You may apply the cost of your ticket toward the Annual Pass of your choice. Please note that you must upgrade to an Annual Pass within 30 days of your original visit and you must present your ticket at time of upgrade. Ticket upgrade credits are only applicable up to the cost of an Annual Pass. The start date of your pass is the date you first used the day ticket you upgraded. There are no refunds for any ticket amount higher than the cost of the Annual Pass. NOTE: Complimentary tickets are eligible for a $10 credit towards an Annual Pass.
Articles in this section
- I have a paid-in-full Play Pass or Annual Pass that was valid during the closure period. Or I have a paid in full Annual Pass that has not been activated. Do I need to make a reservation? What do I do?
- I am a lifetime Ambassador Pass Member. What do I do?
- I bought a COSTCO Play Pass, Groupon Pass, or Military Pass voucher and I have not yet redeemed it. How do I do so?
- I bought a LEGOLAND Play Pass or Annual Pass voucher online at LEGOLAND.com and I have not yet redeemed it. How do I do so?
- When LEGOLAND California closed, I was not able to use my annual pass. I've already paid for the year. Will I be compensated for the closure?
- My child has turned three years old while LEGOLAND was closed and now will need a pass, as mine is extended. What are my options?
- Why did you change the name of your membership passes?
- What do I do if I have lost my LEGOLAND Annual Pass, or if it gets stolen?
- Where can I find information about the LEGOLAND Annual Pass?
- How much do new annual passes cost?